“The interesting thing about averages is that they hide the truth very effectively.”
- Avinash Kaushik
I am the founder and sole proprietor of a cassette-based record label called EVERYDAYISAMIXTAPE.
2012 - Now
Responsible for all operations, including developing brand, marketing, & e-commerce strategy, as well as digital distribution, shipping, and logistics. EMT has released cassettes by Pretty & Nice (under license from Equal Vision Records), Birthdays, SUNRAM, Double Awake, No Comply, and Yale, Massachusetts as well as put on shows featuring Saint Pepsi (now known as Skylar Spence), Major Stars, Bent Shapes, and Emily Reo.
Impose Magazine selected Birthdays’ Self-Titled cassette as their #10 album of 2012.
Pretty & Nice’s Golden Rules for Golden People was nominated for Album / EP Of The Year at the 2013 Boston Music Awards - GRfGP review on Pitchfork.com.
Supported the implementation and maintenance of Adobe Analytics as the Senior Web Analytics Developer at Vistaprint.
March 2014 - March 2016 (assigned to the Barcelona office from August - October 2015)
During my time there I:
- Worked closely with development, marketing, and project management contacts across the organization as the "Web Analytics Center of Excellence" team scrum master.
- Acted as the administrator and release manager for the company's implementation of the Tealium tag management platform.
- Trained and supported 350 users of Adobe Analytics.
- Provided supplemental analysis on critical projects, including product merchandising and cross-sell.
- Organized a cross-functional weekly analytics problem-solving club at the Barcelona office.
I Developed and implemented multi-channel strategies to drive business and improve customer experience as User Experience Engineer and later Director of eCommerce for Karmaloop, an Internet Retailer 500 company (at the time).
July 2011 - January 2012
At Karmaloop I:
- Worked directly with the CEO to develop Karmaloop's new online marketing strategy.
- Collaborated with developers to drive feature creation and vendor integrations.
- Restructured & optimized e-mail marketing & pay per click marketing campaigns.
- Managed vendor relationships with Google, eBay, Amazon, and other third parties.
- Implemented a web analytics reporting process integrated with a SQL customer database.
- Utilized multivariate testing, heatmapping, and user feedback to improve user experience & drive sales.
I spoke to Internet Retailer about Karmaloop's 2011 Black Friday / Cyber Monday performance. Read the article here.
A LONG TIME AGO...
I was the the eCommerce Lead and later the Director of Social Media at Ace Ticket in Boston, MA.
April 2006 - July 2011
During my time at Ace I:
- Developed and implemented successful social media strategy.
- Managed social marketplace operations.
- Co-managed pay-per-click advertising and email marketing campaigns.
- Administered online customer support.
- Leveraged SEO solutions to increase organic traffic for competitive search terms.
- Tested and refined mobile version of the website.
- Functioned as the de-facto IT manager.
RIGHT AFTER COLLEGE...
I edited, formatted, and published service documents for an international automobile company at Bentley Publishers.
August 2005 - April 2006
At Bentley I:
- QA’ed and distributed live content for a network of 5,000 dealerships
- Led QA cycle for the monthly physical disc version of the software.
- Implemented time-sensitive changes requested by international satellite offices.
- Functioned as a contact point between QA team and management.
THINGS THAT HAVE KEPT ME UP AT NIGHT